24 May 2016
CBS is “America’s Most Watched Network” for the Eighth Consecutive Seasons
and 13th in Last 14
Network Finishes First in Adults 18-49 for the Second Time in the Last Four Seasons
And First in Adults 25-54 for the Fourth Time in Five Seasons
CBS is #1 in Viewers on Every Night of the Week
“The Big Bang Theory” is the Number One Comedy in Viewers and Key Demos While “Life in Pieces” is the #1 New Comedy in All Measures
“NCIS” is the Top Drama for the Seventh Straight Season
CBS.com Remains the Top Network Digital Destination
CBS has swept the 2015-16 television season in viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54, according to Nielsen most current ratings through May 22.
In viewers (10.91m), CBS remains “America’s Most Watched” network for the eighth consecutive season and 13th in the past 14 years. In key demographics, the Network placed first in the adults 25-54 (3.1/9) demo for the fourth time in five seasons and first in adults 18-49 (2.3/8) for the second time in four seasons. Excluding all NFL telecasts, CBS still wins the season in all key measures, including adults 18-49.
Prime Time Schedule Highlights:
- CBS has the season’s top drama (NCIS), top comedy (THE BIG BANG THEORY), #1 new comedy (LIFE IN PIECES) and #1 news program (60 MINUTES).
- In viewers, CBS has four of the top 10 broadcasts, nine of the top 20 and 14 of the top 30 – more than any other network.
- CBS has the only two shows in the exclusive 20 million viewer club (THE BIG BANG THEORY, NCIS) and 15 shows that deliver over 10 million viewers, more than any other network.
- CBS is #1 in viewers on every night of the week and delivers over 10 million viewers on five of seven nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday).
- CBS has the #1 broadcast in viewers on four nights (Tuesday, NCIS; Thursday, THE BIG BANG THEORY; Friday, BLUE BLOODS and Saturday, 48 HOURS) – more than all other networks combined.
- CBS has the #1 scripted broadcast series in viewers on five nights (Tuesday, NCIS; Thursday, THE BIG BANG THEORY; Friday, BLUE BLOODS; Saturday, CRIMETIME SATURDAY 8:00 PM and Sunday, MADAM SECRETARY) – more than all other networks combined
CBS is the #1 Network in Comedy
- THE BIG BANG THEORY is the #1 comedy in viewers (20.37m) for the sixth consecutive year, in adults 18-49 (5.8) for the fifth consecutive year and adults 25-54 (7.8). CBS has the top comedy in viewers for the 12thconsecutive season.
- LIFE IN PIECES is the #1 new comedy in viewers (10.53m), adults 18-49 (2.7) and adults 25-54 (3.7).
- CBS has four of the top five comedies in viewers (THE BIG BANG THEORY, #1; LIFE IN PIECES, #2; MOM, #4; THE ODD COUPLE, #5).
CBS is the #1 Network in Drama
- NCIS is the #1 drama in viewers (20.19m) for the seventh consecutive season. CBS has had the #1 drama in viewers for eight consecutive seasons and 14 of the past 15.
- CBS has six of the top 10 broadcast dramas in viewers (NCIS, NCIS: NEW ORLEANS, BLUE BLOODS, MADAM SECRETARY, CRIMINAL MINDS, SCORPION).
CBS continues to maintain the #1 network position in digital season to date, with unique users up 30 percent over last season (comScore Multiplatform Metrix).
CBS was also the most social television network this season, due to events like The Super Bowl and The GRAMMY Awards, according to Nielsen Social.
Season to date, streaming of CBS Television content across platforms is up 120 percent over last year.
THE LATE LATE SHOW with JAMES CORDEN surpassed 1 billion views on YouTube – holding the #1 (Adele with 100m+ views) and #2 (Justin Bieber with 75m+ views) spots for the most watched late night clips ever.
Season to date, THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT has maintained quadruple digit percentage point increases in full episodes streams over the previous season of THE LATE SHOW.
SEASON-TO-DATE RATINGS REPORT (9/21/15-5/22/16
(The Season Officially Concludes on Wednesday May 25)
CBS 3.1 9
NBC 2.7 8
ABC 2.3 7
FOX 2.3 6
CW 0.9 2
CBS 2.3 8
NBC 2.1 7
ABC 1.8 6
FOX 1.9 6